The Bible is estimated to be 25%-35% prophecy. It has been 100% accurate.
There is much in Bible prophecy that is yet unfulfilled. For example, beginning in chapter six, everything in the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ is future to us. That is why we are called futurists. We believe that these yet-to-be-fulfilled prophecies will be fulfilled in a physical, literal, global, apocalyptic context.
It makes sense that things would be moving in the direction that the prophecies predict.
Biometrics, Artificial Intelligence, cashless commerce, the manipulation of human DNA, global government, the exponential growth of human knowledge, and the rebirth of national Israel are potential End Times phenomena the Bible predicts. All of these are increasingly trending in the news.
I always give two disclaimers:
- We are careful to use recognized, reliable sources for news. Sensationalism about the future is detrimental.
- We’re not saying the things we report are the fulfillment of prophecy. We’re saying that they are the things you’d expect to be happening in the build-up to the future Great Tribulation.
The Bible predicts there will be a one world government.
An updated term for it is “global government.” World leaders are serious about getting the nations of the world to surrender their sovereignty to a central governing group.
Christians have long been accused of being conspiracy theorists for saying such things. Recently, I might say even suddenly, powerful groups of wealthy influencers, government officials, and tech giants, have come out of the closet with their radical global agendas.
We discovered a new group with a global agenda. New to us, that is; they’ve been around since 2005. It is called, C40 Cities.
On their website they describe themselves, saying, “C40 is a global network of nearly 100 mayors of the world’s leading cities that are united in action to confront the climate crisis.”
US cities listed as members are Austin, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., and Seattle.
A sampling of their ambitious goals to reach by the year 2030 are:
- “0 kg [of] meat consumption”
- “0 kg [of] dairy consumption”
- “3 new clothing items per person per year”
- “0 private vehicles owned.”
We’ve talked about the World Economic Forum. They produced a video, “8 Predictions for the World in 2030.”
- You will own nothing and be happy. Whatever you want, you will rent, and it will be delivered by drone.
- The US won’t be the world’s leading Super Power. A handful of countries will dominate.
- You won’t die waiting for an organ donor. We’ll print new ones instead.
- You will eat much less meat. It will be an occasional treat, not a staple. For the good of the environment and our health.
- A billion people will be displaced by climate change. We will have to do a better job of welcoming and integrating refugees.
- Polluters will have to pay to emit carbon dioxide. There will be a global price on carbon. This will help make fossil fuels history.
- You could be preparing to go to Mars. Scientists will have worked out how to keep you healthy in space.
- Western values will have been tested to the breaking point. Checks and balances that underpin our democracies must not be forgotten.
There is a hard push for globalism. Over two thousand years ago, an aging disciple of Jesus, while exiled for his faith, predicted that the government in the Last Days before the Return of Jesus would be global.
We are witnessing the stage-setting for the seven year Time of Jacob’s Trouble, commonly called the Great Tribulation, that is described in the last book of the Bible.
We will not be on Earth during that terrible Time of Jacob’s Trouble.
In the Revelation Jesus wrote, “I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth” (3:10). We believe the Lord was addressing the entire church through the Church Age. He will keep us “from,” meaning totally out of, the future world-wide tribulation.
The resurrection and rapture of the church is imminent. It could happen any moment; nothing needs to happen before it.
Jesus will come, in the clouds, and raise the dead believers of the Church Age. He will transform the bodies of living believers to glorified, resurrection bodies.
We will join Him in Heaven while the earth endures one final seven-year campaign of severe evangelism.
Are you ready for the rapture? If not, Get ready; Stay ready; Keep looking up.
Ready or not, Jesus is coming!